Friday, November 02, 2007

Happy, happy

Criss Angel and Harry Houdini hope you had a sincerely spooky Halloween
Harry Houdini and Criss Angel -
they did...

Since last we spoke, I have been witness to sites only seen in Toronto:
Only in Toronto - it's hard to make out, but there's a guy walking with a canoe on his shoulders, under the new Michael Lee Chin Crystal at the ROM.

I have appreciated the juxtaposition of old and newOld Meets New

I have accompanied Ben's grade 6 class to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, where we enjoyed lunch under the bomb bay of a Lancaster planelunch under a bomb dropper, and I experienced the best field trip ever!
Heritage Warplane Museum (Yes, Ben is trying to look thoughtful, perhaps even pensive, here)

I finished and sent off my Sock Wars weapon Sock Wars weapon
Project: Sock Wars sock, "Scar" Pattern
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Mini-Merino - from STASH!!
Needles: 3.5mm
Started: October 13, 2007
Finished and Mailed: October 27, 2007
I have cast on new socks, hopefully for myself, using absolutely scrumptious Dream in Colour 'Smooshy' sock yarn purchased from Connie at Pick Up Sticks, in the Happy Forest colourway P1000972 I am not a green person, but I cannot tell you how deeply I love these - the subtle variations in colour are just wonderful - I may have to wrap these socks around my head so that everyone can appreciate the depth of colour...
I have made yet another trek to the magic stores in Toronto with my sons, and found this label on a boxIMG_0964, which opened up a whole whack of interesting questions.
And because we felt touristy, we also took pictures of a billboard I have always liked,
IMG_0965IMG_0966
found at the corner of Queen and Bathurst...
I hope I never outgrow my touristy side...
now I must de-Halloween the house before we go to see Jerry Seinfeld's new film, Bee Movie - I love Jerry Seinfeld with all my heart, because he makes me laugh - please, Jerry, don't disappoint me...

No comments: