2. According to Ben, the smell of grilled cheese with a skunk overlay is what Chinese food smells like. Explains his lack of enthusiasm for it.
3. The smell of skunk permeates an entire house in no time flat, and lingers indefinitely.
4. Having your windows open in -5C weather constitutes sweater weather. And mitten weather. And hat weather.
5. As always, knitting to the rescue.
6. Digression: after a certain age, catching one's reflection looking down (as over a toaster) is absolutely the wrong thing to do.
7. Wine helps diminish both skunkiness and wrinkles/chicken neck which were obviously exaggerated while looking down over the toaster.
No pics because who wants to see an upside-down chicken neck?