Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Catch-up

a.k.a. catsup, or ketchup

so, it's been an interesting couple of weeks - we've had a snow day, other snowfalls which didn't warrant days off, and then the last two days feeling like spring. Honestly - I was driving with my sunroof open yesterday, feeling like someone who had been held captive in a ship's hold for months on end (forgive me, I am reading The Book of Negroes and got lost in the moment). My 5-foot long icicles melted, the driveway and walkway were clear and dry...

of course I know better, I mean, I've lived in Canada my whole life - I was in Thunder Bay for 2 years for grad school so I know from winter... but I was lulled into that false feeling of hope...

idiot...
P1010749(1)

We woke up to maybe 4 inches, and it's still falling, has been all morning.

I am way beyond the "pretty, fluffy" crap - I believe I voiced my objection to any more of this a while back, and I'd like to know why I was ignored.

Sigh.

So as I work on my computer drafting course this morning, I find that Bob Marley combined with a short weight workout which makes me sweat gives me a sense of warmer times. If it wasn't so early, I'd be busting out the tequila... just for the effect, you understand...

Maggie's cure for the winter blechs? A little mini-sticks, of course. She followed me for almost half an hour like this P1010750 till I finally caved and played a little. And yes, she is in dire need of a haircut...

Well, maybe if it lets up I'll try to go out and get a few things - I figured last week I probably need to buy some new bandages P1010736. These were all I could find after I tripped and slashed my finger on a door jamb (you know the metal part? Yeah... hurts...), and frankly, they do nothing for the image, nothing at all - just ask my teen / pre-teen...

of course, I'll probably be snowed in or something - or worse, maybe I won't...

off to shovel (heaves deep, deep sigh of disgust)...

No comments: