Monday, November 07, 2011

So much material...

So little time - seriously, it's after 8pm and pitch black outside, and although I spent the better part of my day on the computer, I don't have a real blog post prepared.

My computer work included installing Windows 7 on my Mac, then attempting to download AutoCAD 2011 to the Windows partition. I was stuck in an endless loop of "Please enter your email to activate your account" and, upon entering my email, being told that "this email is already active, please proceed", which returned me to the "activate your account" page again.

Hours, people, HOURS of looping, trying different things and always ending up in the same Catch-22 nightmare, until finally, I shut it down in a fit of pique. It was either that or smash my face into the screen.

Guess what?

Pique works.

Shut it down, turned it back on and damn if it didn't just load right up, all nice and proper-like.

So that was my Monday, with the addition of a 4:30am wake-up call (thank you Maggie) and a 6pm intensely sweaty cardio class... How was yours?

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I'm about ready to throw my printer out the window. Mondays!
Ann

deirdre said...

Gosh, I didn't even think about the Monday factor, I was blaming it all on our time change...