Thursday, November 02, 2006

summer no more...

I know, I know, why am I bemoaning the end of summer now, on this second day of November? Because today it's actually cold. And grey. And my front trees are naked. And my front lawn is not. And I HATE wearing coats and shoes and all the other accessories that go with cold weather. So there.

I was ill much of last week - cold-like symptoms with bone deep, ass dragging fatigue, which is still lingering, making it hard for me to focus on things like reading, or even listening to books. I started a new one by Stephen King, Lesey's Story, and after an hour realized I had no idea what the hell I had heard. So I figure it's kind of like getting two books for the price of one, what with the rewinding and re-listening...

We did have a nice Hallowe'en - perfect weather: warm-ish, dry, a good breeze blowing up crunchy, dead-sounding leaves - and a gang of intrepid trick or treaters:

(in order of appearance: The Grim Reaper, Boba Fett of Star Wars fame, The Joker, and a skeleton).

Charlie tried to get in on the action, but showed remarkable restraint - more than I did, in fact... and Maggie really didn't care
I have been able to knit, which is truly a saving grace - finished the boys' Moccasin Socks
Project: Elizabth Zimmermann's Moccasin Socks (Knitting Around)

Yarn: Briggs and Little 'Tuffy'

Needles: 3.5mm

Started: October 15, 2006

Finished: October 25, 2006

made them each an Ear Flap Hat, in colours of their choosing (the white one has not yet been blocked) - I actually made the yellow one in one day (how Tanya of me!)

Project: Ear Flap Hat

Yarn: Paton's 'Classic Wool', KnitPicks 'Merino' (stash and odds and ends - I am so proud)

Needles: 4mm

Started: October 28, 2006

Finished: October 31, 2006
and now, on with the Wallabies (are you tired of hearing about them yet?) - I am nearing the end of the sleeves, and will then knit them onto the body, whisk right along through the hoods, and voila! My aim is to have them completed before our next get-together, in two or so weeks.
It's in writing now.

And then perhaps something for moi, before the onslaught of Christmas gifts, which I should already be tackling, I guess... but I need something warm and cozy... because baby, it's cold outside...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hats..the boys will look like little Peruvian guys heading off to school. I just looked out my window to see the first snow coming down...mmm those socks look cozy about now!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you - I hope the bug that you've caught has left you by now, hope you'll be feeling much better soon! What a great Halloween pic - and I so love your little furry ones, bored and exhausted at once by all the celebrations ;)
Fantastic FOs too - the socks are so cute, and so are the hats you did, they look absolutely amazing! Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW, you are amazing, and you are pressuring me to get a couple rows done on the sideway project, when you have oodles on the go? Goodness girl, all this knitting and being ill, you need some time to unwind with a mindless show and a cup of hot cocoa. I would say with Miss Swiss but you are probabl low supplies. Don't worry, your Christmas package won't forget to have some in it.

Thankfully and with a sigh, it is Friday.

Tanya said...

I'm so honored that you used me as an 'adjective'! WOW!

I love those hats! I'm going to put them on my Christmas knitting list, perhaps for my brother in law.

Glad you are healthy and back to blogging... I missed you :)