Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Birthday / Earth Day

This is Charlie:


Charlie is 5 years old today. Doesn't he look excited?

Today is also my birthday, and for my 45th birthday, I thought I would finish up some stuff. So, Wallaby #1:
DONE! Except for blocking, which doesn't really count, so technically in my book it's done like dinner, baby.
Wallaby #2:
Done but for the ribbing. So, with scissors in hand, I snipped a stitch above the row I want to knit down from, and have started unknitting the row while picking up the stitches. This may not be done today, but it will be done by tomorrow night.


Socks that Rock:


This is the nicest sock yarn, just gorgeous, and I love the way it works with the Jaywalker pattern. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit me because I thought that the bigger size was for bigger feet, temporarily ignoring the fact that my size 10's are, in fact, bigger feet - honkin', in fact.
Fortunately, as the colours became clearer I realized that they would be much better suited to some other feet that I know, so all is good.

So, a wonderful birthday overall - spent the day hanging out with my kids, a nice dinner that I didn't have to cook or clean up, thoughtful gifts - maybe this aging stuff isn't so bad after all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Happy belated birthday to you and Charlie!
I absolutely love the Wallaby's that you've been doing, especially the colors of the latter one are so gorgeous!
And the Jaywalkers - what can I say, the more I see of these socks, the more I feel the urge to make them for myself as well, the pattern is so beautiful, and so is the yarn you're using! Have fun knitting!