Saturday, April 29, 2006

oh, the cleverness of me...



So, for my birthday, my mom gave me jewelled ring markers, which are just lovely to behold, and these:

Knit Klips, which you use instead of pins to hold your knitting together while you seam it. I cannot believe how well they work - very cleverly designed!

And speaking of clever, I found myself at a loss as to what button to use on this multicoloured jacket - so hard to find something... so, in a fit of inspiration, I went to my nearby Michael's and bought FIMO - shape and bake clay - in an absolutely perfect shade of violet blue, rolled it into a triangle-shaped log, and proceeded to slice and bake -

looky, fresh from the oven!

Yup, real buttons, holes and everything - and I am so excited that I made them myself - I am obviously seriously in need of a real life, but in the meantime, this will do nicely...

No comments: