Good news on several fronts:
* my brother is recuperating nicely from surgery, and has an excellent prognosis - major WHEW!
* I finished my Shapely T last week - don't like the look of it on me, but am hoping that blocking will help.
* I started the Diagonal Tank from ArtYarns - am following the directions blindly, and can't for the life of me see how the hell it will work, but it's SILK, and it's orange, so who cares?
Okay, so now that I've posted the picture, I almost can see how it might work...
In other news, Maggie, our squirrel catcher extraordinare, actually cornered one last Sunday. I called the dogs in, after their morning ablutions, to find both of them running after a poor, slow, old-looking squirrel, and licking it every time they got close - blech - the poor thing's fur was soaked!
The dogs turned to see who was so rude as to interrupt their little lovefest, and Maggie's snout was literally dripping blood! I choked back my screams of revulsion - it was 6:30 in the morning and I hadn't had a coffee yet - and scoured the yard looking for a dismembered critter. Found none, and when I cleaned her off found a little tiny nick on her nose. She has been disinfected within an inch of her life, and I think we have all learned something:
* squirrels might not like being licked;
* the smallest injuries can lead to deceptively copious quantites of blood;
* coffee before all else;
* it's really never too early for a shot of vodka - purely medicinal, of course...