Saturday, July 21, 2007

With Apologies to Canada Post...

12:58 this afternoon

and frankly, this was enough to make me happy...
okay, almost... a little bit happy
Such fun!

and inside?
UK Kids' Cover
The U.K. children's version of the cover - the one shown in my previous rant was the U.S. cover - I suppose once a colony, always a colony??

I have cracked the cover, read the first three chapters, and am now out for an afternoon and dinner with a friend... because I am so mature, I can do this with no adverse side effects whatsoever...

I am, however, planning to pull an all-nighter...


Postscript - for any who might be concerned, I did finally go to the bathroom, which also made me happy... very...


Riggwelter said...

glad to hear you got your book, even happier you have been to the toilet!

Miss Scarlett said...

Ummm I don't think you should be apologizing to Canada Post.
Come on.
Early morning delivery?!
That is early afternoon at best.
Ah well.
How did your all nighter go?
I just got home yesterday and have slightly less than 200 pages to go.
So far, my favourite book --- well, I do have a complaint or two but won't write it here, would hate to give anything away at all.

I am glad we have the UK cover, much better and also, they seem to give more clues to readers!

I am off to fight between my desire to race to the end and my desire to savour the last book.