Friday, September 29, 2006

Sockret Pal Info

I'm late with this because it has been A WEEK - I will do another post later, because I think my eldest son's twelfth birthday merits its own post...

The basics:
How long have you been knitting?
Since I was 8, so 37 - 38 years -
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
I am definitely a comfortable sock knitter - have no idea how many pairs I've made over the years...
The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.
Shoe Size - Women's 10 (big honkin' feet)
(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love?
Like colours generally, bright colours in particular, and am especially partial to anything orange.
Do you prefer solids or variegated?
LOVE variegated yarns
What fibers do you most love to knit with?
I am partial to wool, but also like unusual fibers - silk, bamboo, hemp...
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors?
Too many to choose from, but right now I like Elann, as always, and kpixie for unusual sock yarns
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting?
Again, I knit lots of things - sweaters, love aran knitting, afghans, washcloths, socks, hats - anything to keep the needles clicking...
(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?
I don't like acrylic on its own, although there are some lovely blends that I like
What colors would you never wear?
Hmm, pale yellow, puke green - otherwise I'm game...
The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
Metal 99% of the time, occasionally bamboo or rosewood dp's
Circs or Straights?
ALWAYS circs - I have had a long love affair with Addi's but am now loving the KnitPicks interchangeables... my fickle heart
DPNs or Magic Loop?
Two on two circ's most of the time, otherwise dpns
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?
Nothing I need, per se, but I do like the stitch holders with attached ends, and am generally a gadget fiend...
The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!
No, but what a good idea!
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*)
Very partial to salt - french fries are my favourite food
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)
Smoke
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?
Love fresh, clean, beachy, just out of the laundry smells; not wild about heavy floral or fruity scents
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)?
Knitting books - otherwise, no...
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!)
April 22
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?
I have tried spinning and will get the hang of it, I swear - I have also dyed yarn and am hoping to get my kids into it this winter
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...
My favourite books make me laugh out loud - Bill Bryson, David Sedaris, although I am also a hard-core Stephen King fan; love all sorts of music; favourite vacation spot, apart from home, is a beach with sun -

No comments: