Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Books!!

Oh, don't you just love new books? The smell, the gentle crack of the binding as they are opened for the first time, the possibilities inside?

The sale prices???oooohhhh - new books!!!

Knitpicks is offering all of their books at 40% right now, and I figured I should take advantage to get some books which I have been eyeing for some time - hey, it's educational!

And it's supposed to rain and thunder all afternoon, the boys are cramming old Harry Potter books in preparation for Saturday's launch - I CANNOT WAIT!!! - so, really, it's destiny that I have a stack of books to peruse...

weeding this morning, between rain showers, and just wanted to share this flower, this coneflower, that has thrived so far this year - I've never seen this colour before, and am going to try to make cuttings so I can have them all over the place - I may need a sweater this colour...
coneflowers
Also, I think I figured out the macro setting on my camera, and had to give it a go...
Thank you for your indulgence...

My other project this morning was to dehair Charlie, at least a little - Maggie's breed does not shed, which is lovely, but I am honestly amazed that Charlie has any hair left...

so I read about "The Furminator" at Knit and Tonic - at this point I will try anything, I am so tired of picking dog hair off socks and clothes and furniture - well, I am amazed!Thank you, Furminator!
Almost half a pound - HALF A FRIGGING POUND - of undercoat from only half of his body! What's left is his black, silky hair, and the kaka is gone.

And he liked it, more than normal brushing. My sense is it's like someone with long fingernails scraping through his fur - when I get someone like that washing my hair at the salon, I get goosebumps, so I totally get it (no, I don't think that's weird... well, not really... maybe a little?) So I will finish him off now, and see if it does, in fact, reduce shedding as claimed. So far, so good...

now, to make lunch and read of things yarny...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I ordered a small forest of books from the IK Hurt Book Sale. I looked through the KP book list - I'm annoyed that the Elizabeth Zimmerman books are all on b/o. Oh well.

Miss Scarlett said...

Oh I am dying to get my hands on the Gaughan book. I checked it out at a real bookstore and I loved almost every single pattern in the book. They are such beautiful patterns.
Ah well...one day.
Hey maybe that will be a weight loss goal/reward for myself...thanks for the great idea!

Saturday release? You mean you aren't going to a midnight release? (I know technically that IS Saturday, but I need to call it Friday)
Great little boys cramming in their Potter - are you buying 2 books?


The Furminator is amazing. Charlie looks so sleek and shiny! Wow.
I just spent about an hour vaccuuming the backseat of our car. Kira doesn't shed either, but my friends dog we watched for 4 days sure does. I cannot imagine how aggravating that would get. Wait, maybe I can. We have 3 cats. There was something about the coarseness of the dog's hair though. Ugh.

Oooh whatever will you knit first from your new books?