Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well...

well, where to begin?

We are recently returned from two (uh-huh, TWO) weeks of this
beachside reading
and this Cancun pool
and this
view from the balcony of our villa,
where I was also able to to this
Cancun sockCancun socks,
and to read all this IMG_1530.

I have never, in my life, read 5 books on vacation - and that doesn't count the two audiobooks I listened to ("Tweak" by Nik, Sheff, and "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult).

Why, yes, I am a little more relaxed, actually... thank you for noticing.

And then we came home to this
FLOWERS!!!lilacs
my favourite tree,
and these
Woolgirl Sock ClubScout's Swag clubYarn Pirate club

Lord, how I love vacation... and as glad as I am to be home, I want to know where the guy is who just knows that, by 3 or so in the afternoon, I am in need of a dose of mango daquiri... we don't seem to have those here...

sigh

on the plus side, we have a long weekend coming, so a little more recovery time is planned...

1 comment:

Miss Scarlett said...

Oh how marvelous! Where did you go? I love seeing your boys reading - by choice! Although they are starting too look more manly than boyish.

Are those the flat socks? I am so intrigued by them. They turned out wonderfully - are those Jaywalkers (a few weeks away from the world of knit blogging and I am no longer sure of anything ;-p )

Mango Daquiris sound incredible.
I have been on a reading jag - it's the Ravelry Book Challenge group - I'm reading more than I am knitting! Gasp! It's like the 'olden days' before I knit. Only with more fibre about the house.

One of those tags looks familiar on your new yarn...is it the Nefarious Club's new installment?

I have kits I'm just storing right away as I devour another book.
We just got hit with a major heatwave (for us - 31!) and I'm not keen on knitting at the moment.

But the urge to buy more wool never leaves!

Going to look up daquiri recipes now...