Sunday, February 26, 2006

gold medal pour moi!!



Finished! Done! YAY!!! Tucked in my last end at 4:15 yesterday afternoon! The cashmere V-neck is done but for the washing and blocking, and, in my humble opinion, looks really good! Have to say, the neckline was challenging - I think that's the first V-neck I've done - or at least, paid attention - to in my 35 years of knitting , probably because I wasn't following a pattern, and so was out of my comfort zone --

I had to rip it out twice because I didn't pay attention to the centre front stitches while decreasing at the point, but once I got that figured out, it came together nicely -

so big WHEW!

The kids are another story - I think it's because they actually have lives, and so have had less time to devote to their Olympian projects - but they have assured me they will finish their scarves eventually, and really, I am just so proud of them for wanting to try. I have my mental snapshots to keep - the three of us curled up on the couch, feet entwined on the footstool, watching Wallance and Gromit and knitting; my older son waking up early to knit in bed; reading Roald Dahl books to them while they both knit -

so really, gold medals to the three of us!

and today, as previously posted, I will start to undo my big cuddly sweater to figure out how I ended up with 40 more stitches at the back neck than the front - oh sure, I know what I'm doing...

No comments: