Thursday, June 01, 2006

Addendum

So immediately after posting, I realized that I had made a major error in my tank top, so I have now ripped out more than half, and will hopefully pay better attention from here on in...

then the mailman came bearing gifts from one of my best friends, Kelly:
could there be a more perfect sentiment right now, or a better source? Note that she doesn't say "Knit on correctly"...

Reminds me of a visit to Kelly in Wisconsin a few years ago - we actually made the pilgrimage to Schoolhouse Press - I have pictures somewhere - and as I poked in the overfilled little shop area, Kelly wandered past the shop and into - horrors! - Meg Swansen's HOME! And there she was, knitting away on her couch - correct me if I'm remembering this wrong, Kel -

Kelly was all set to walk right in and say hi, but I was overwhelmed with - what? - shyness? I felt the same as I did many more years ago, when I had a chance to have a picture taken with one of my major childhood crushes, Yvan Cournoyer (Montreal Canadiens hockey player), and froze - couldn't do it - same thing - some sort of socially retarded reaction to those whom I idolize...

but really, just having been there is enough for me (gosh, that sounds about as sincere as an Academy Award candidate who is just happy to be nominated!) - Kelly, on the other hand, won't ever let me forget...

so now I shall spend the afternoon with my youngest son, home with a fever, and my knitting - possible thunderstorms on the way, looking forward to getting my eldest from school and hunkering down...

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Deirdre,
I was wondering if you got my email on your updated SP8 info?
Thanks,
Your SP8 hostess, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your son is sick.
Thunderstorms are great for being cozy in your house - unless it is unbearably hot before the thunderstorm. Then you need to be on your covered porch in your nighty and barefeet.

Hope your son gets better soon!

deirdre said...

Shug, I tried to email you at the hotmail address you provided, but it was bounced back - just wanted to say how very much you've piqued my curiousity, and how much I enjoy hearing from you... thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh no.
Bounced back?
I wonder if I have been spelling it wrong for people...here it is if you want to try it again.
shugahface@hotmail.com
I hope I just forgot the 'h' or something.
Glad you are curious...I think I will have to send you a small package because it it kind of mean to wait for everything to arrive at once.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could find the picture I took of you outside of the schoolhouse press shop? And I must note to all readers, it is located in THEE middle of the state. The exact middle. Didn't we make a wrong turn a few times? I know we had visions of never being seen again when we ventured down that one wooded driveway...