Friday, April 06, 2007

Amazing what can happen in a week!

Younger sons can turn 11!Ben is 11!

Ben is the conscience of our family, I think, the pleaser - always wanting to ensure that everyone else is happy, but quite comfortable doing his own thing, too - one of the things I most admire about Ben is his self-assurance, and willingness to follow his own path (observe the short hair in a sea of shaggy heads) - he is funny, almost always happy and easy-going, a wonderful sense of humour, huge heart, almost as tall as me and wearing my shoe size (women's 10!!!) - Ben is also tremendously helpful, and I know I can always count on him to pitch in enthusiastically when there's work to be done...

he can be a little, um, forgetful at times, and we are working on learning to prioritize (homework first, then road hockey), but such a joy to be around -I am privileged to have Ben in my life...Who's your favourite hockey player?

A visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame can occurUp Close and personal with Bobby OrrThe Stanley Cup
There is something irresistible about the Stanley Cup, and the ability to touch what so many gifted athletes have touched before us is goose bump-inspiring...

Lunch can be had at Gretzky's:Tanner at Gretzky's
Really, #99 toasted into the hamburger bun - Wayne is nothing if not subtle...

Wonderful and unexpected gifts can be received in the mail - this deserves its own post, which is to follow:From Tanya

After much thought, I can cancel my membership in Spunky Eclectic's sock club, only to kick myself when the last installment arrives in the 'Dandelion' colourway and I LOVE IT!!!Last sock club installment

And dogs can become entirely new dogs, all with the touch of some clippers:
Maggie pre-trimA whole new dog!
It was a new gal doing the dogs this time, who assured me that she has a special knack for trimming Maggie's breed (Retriever/Poodle) which makes them look like Retrievers... um, no, not really... nope, not at all - if anything, her head is cut much too closely and her beard is a little too full - looks like an overgrown, mutant Scottie dog...

of course, I mean that in the nicest way...

And Charlie? Well, he just doesn't get what the fuss is all about...
Charlie post-trim

And these are just the highlights of our week... amazing, isn't it?

3 comments:

Ang said...

Looks like you had a great week, that yarn is a beautiful colour.

Miss Scarlett said...

What a fabulous post about Ben! Looks like he had a fantastic day out with you and his big brother.

That Gretzky. So very modest.

Oh just when I had cancelled my membership!! Darn. I love that colourway. That has to be the way though right?

Poor Maggie - that certainly isn't the most Retriever-est haircut I have ever seen! Kira has more than a few of those groomer's 'specials' as I call them. It can be a real surprise to find a good groomer. Ours was supposed to move to Alberta (3rd groomer in a row!) but is still here so we are safe for the time being.

Have a great long weekend!
Don't forget to tell us how the socks worked out.

deirdre said...

We did have a great week, thank you - so nice to be sitting still for today, though!

And what is the sock yarn thing - Murphy's Law of Sock Clubs??

Nice to hear from you, Michelle - glad you're up and running again!