Sunday, July 06, 2008

Oooohhhh, An Adventure

Well, if the dogs are at the kennel (they are), my mom has been enlisted to check in on our intentional rodent population (she has), and the van is being packed up puzzle-style (it will be), then we must be heading out on a trip...

and we are..

we are going up to "our" cottage at the Blue Spruce Resort on Oxtongue Lake, just outside of Algonquin Park for the next week... when we went last year, it rained every single frigging day and was COLD

the weather forecast for this week looks hot and humid, which, when you are lucky enough to have a clean sparkling lake in front of you, is what you want... not that I actually trust weathermen or anything, but when it suits my purposes, I believe them...

I believe that makes me a fair-weather friend???

Happy summer, see y'all in a week...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Come over and visit us at Algonquin Outfitters, while your at the Blue Spruce, Deirdre. If your around on Wednesday I run a kayaking night on the Muskoka river in Huntsville (starts before 6pm, on wednesday), it's only $15 per person to go kayaking with us on a scenic tour of the muskoka river. Hope the weather keeps up for your visit.

Randy - Algoquin Outfitters, Huntsville

Tanya said...

Have a wonderful time! I have my fingers crossed for you that the weatherman will be right.

Miss Scarlett said...

Have a great trip! Sounds ideal - hope you get all of what you are looking for - whether that is sunny days in the water, knitting on the deck or reading in a hammock --- heck, I hope you get ALL of that.

Sandra said...

Enjoy! As a cottager myself, I agree with your opinions on weathermen - I only listen when they say what I want to hear. (We're heading back this weekend). And the warping is getting much easier!

Anonymous said...

oooh hope you had fun!

Manon C. said...

I hope you had a wonderful week with lots of hot weather and sunshine! and hopefully, you did get to knit a lot...