Monday, March 20, 2006

decisions, decisions...

My printer died yesterday - no reason - nothing changed - zip, zilch, nada - and yet, it died... and one of those smug computer-type guys informed me, with a knowing little smirk, that it would be more cost-efficient to buy a new one than to repair this one - more cost-efficient to whom, exactly?? So now I must research, because that is what I do - I can't just run into Best Buy all willy-nilly and grab the first thing I see - oh, no, I have to read, check Consumer Reports, and recheck my findings before investing -

because I think I'm - a little anal -

so there's that...

I just realized that I have no socks on the needles - and my ever-burgeoning collection of striped, patterned, bright, coloured, happy sock yarns is calling me -

so I settled on this Opal yarn, 'Parrot' colourway, and prepared myself to succumb to the call of the Jaywalker pattern...

and then the mailman came by and dropped off a package from Blue Moon Fiber Arts - oh, yippee, the "Socks that Rock" yarn that I read about (woe to she who surfs the net in the wee hours with glass of wine in hand and credit card at the ready)!!

The yarn was still cold from being in the truck as I wound it into balls - which are, of course, uneven, because I just can't seem to eyeball it well - and cast on with 2.25mm needles ( also known as toothpicks) -

oh, just look at those colours - "Cobblestone Country" colourway - could they be more spring-ey? So that's a definite plus... although there is that slight twinge of guilt as I think, I could be making socks for my son who turns 10 in 2 weeks - and I still might -

and I have a beads-and-wire necklace kit from Addi to make for a friend's birthday in - whoa, 9 days!!! - so there's that niggle, too -

but these I can work on while waiting at my computer for pictures to load - and at the dentist's tomorrow - and at the chiropractor's later this week - so guilt begone!! It will all be done in good time...

and now, the printer - sigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those socks, they rock! Wow, I must have a computer handy, when I sip my wine on Friday nights. Not only will I indulge in HGTV - House Hunters ( My husband and I's weekly 'date'). but I could order yarn during commercials. I always, always have socks on my sticks. It's a must. I'm afraid if I don't, I might forget something.

deirdre said...

I love to think that I had a small part to play in your need to knit socks...