Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You are looking at one of my favourite sweaters of all time: to-die-for-cuddly Morehouse Merino, deep neck which looks great over turtlenecks and t-shirts (oh, and it's a V-neck, so I stand corrected, I have done them before, but not without a pattern), which I put on this morning only to discover A HOLE - yes, you are looking at a HOLE

- and I don't recall ever having A HOLE in a sweater before - that's what my cedar-lined cabinet is for...

in theory, easy to repair...

Ha! This winter, one of my projects has been to try to bring some sense of organization to this:
and it's obviously gone well - one element of my weak organizational attempt has been to clear out yarns that I will never use, and all those fiddly little tidbits that hang around from projects that you think would be great all put together in a blanket or something, but you never get around to making it because you are always buying more new yarn which will leave more fiddly tidbits -

and please note, this has been my first ever major yarn purge, and I have been feeling proud and cleansed...

so what do you suppose went out with all the fiddly tidbits???

Natch! The one time I get A HOLE concides nicely with the one time I clear out tidbits I could have actually USED! And you know, I can picture exactly where these ones were for the longest time - and they're not easy to replicate, one thick strand of black, a lace-weight one of white

Lesson learned? Keep everything, always, no matter how small, and no matter how many bins or storage units or separate residences need to be maintained for storage...

No comments: